Travel Guide: DenverPosted: May 11, 2010
Some people have been asking me for more information about what I did in Denver so I thought I would compile a list of some Denver highlights just in case other White Cabana readers are heading that way.
1. Denver Art Museum : A great selection of American Indian art, very family friendly, and architecturally interesting.
2. Corner Bakery Cafe : The traditional Swiss oatmeal was a perfect breakfast for me and it reminded me of Switzerland. Truly.
3. The Market : A friendly, open-concept restaurant on Larimer. So much selection. I went with a capicola sandwich while I was there.
4. TAG: Continental Social : Such a delightful little restaurant. Had a yummy meal during happy hour…a friend and I ordered the full menu and shared. Perfectly delightful!
5. Tattered Cover Book Store : I could have spent hours, if not days, here. So comfortable and warm. Not to mention – a great selection of new and used books.
6. The Cruise Room Bar at the Oxford Hotel : Chatted with friendly bartenders at this Art Deco bar. Ordered the La La Cosmo. Delish!
7. Bookend Cafe in Boulder, Colorado : A friend and I stopped in here for a treat. Love the feel of this cozy cafe.
8. Cherry Creek Mall : I hate to admit that I spent some time indoors while I was in Denver but this mall was quite amusing. I had a fun time at Tiffany & Co., Anthropologie and Martin + Osa. And my made-by-me yogurt at Cherry on Top was delicious. Bus number 83L gets you there from the downtown Civic Center station in about 15 minutes.
9. Colorado Convention Center : All in white. So bright and airy. The blue bear is kind of cool too.
10. Cheesecake Factory : I know it’s a chain. But the cheesecake is oh. so. good. I enjoyed a piece of the original cheesecake with fresh strawberries on the side. Yum!