The Friday Five: CoffeePosted: November 12, 2010
Ahh…coffee. I love the smell, the taste and the look. I love the feeling of drinking a coffee at my local café. I love meeting a friend and catching up on gossip at a new café or sitting alone on a patio with a cup in hand and watching the world go by.
I’m a fan of any kind of coffee…my choice usually depends on the time of day, the occasion and the café. I like a latte or cappuccino in the morning or as a mid-morning break. I enjoy a nice espresso after a good meal or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
And yes – sometimes the coffee I drink is so special, it deserves a photo! I’m happy to welcome you to today’s caffeine-filled Friday Five!
1. I was in Ascoli with my aunt, uncle and father. We stopped in at Caffe Meletti before hitting the farmer’s market. The Barista wrote me a special message in my little espresso. Sweet, right?
2. I was in Gstaad with my good friend Shannon. Going to Early Beck easily became an afternoon routine for us. We shared many laughs and gossiped for hours.
3. On one of my trips to Paris, I stopped in at a restaurant near the Palais Royale to write postcards and get re-energized!
4. I’ll never forget the morning adventure my good friend Boba and I had in Montreal. It was pouring rain outside but we were determined to have breakfast at La Croissanterie Figaro, which came highly recommended by a friend. Even though we were exhausted after a busy work week in Montreal, we stuck it out and we were rewarded with a beautiful breakfast and a couple of delicious cappuccinos.
5. I was on a 5-day vacation with Shannon (yes, the same friend) in Budapest and we stopped in for a coffee and strudel at the First Studel House of Pest. Our food and drinks were delish!
How about you? What are your coffee drinking routines or memories?
Photos by Jordana.