5 for 2011: A Check-UpPosted: January 27, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I posted 5 goals for 2011. I thought I’d update you on my progress.
1. Wear rings. This has been a bit of a challenge for me, mostly because I’m not in the habit of wearing them and I forget to put them on when I’m getting ready in the morning. However, here are some that I have worn since I set this goal:
(from Banana Republic & Forever21)
2. Embrace the cold weather. Second goal. Second challenge. I’m trying. My friend Kate knit me a gorgeous white scarf. I love it and it’s definitely helping to keep me warm (thanks Kate!).
3. Host more parties. I’ve hosted one dinner party (for eight of my friends) since 2011 began. I think this is a decent start. I even managed to put together little flower arrangements for the occasion:
4. Try new recipes. For said dinner party (see #3), I tried two new recipes: 1. Mushroom crostini (similar to this recipe) and 2. Pasta Alla Formiana (by Giada de Laurentiis). I kind of burnt the tomato topping. Oops.
5. Learn more about London, Ontario. I haven’t necessarily learned more but I have supported the arts community. I went to the Aeolian Hall to see (and listen to) performances by Julie Doiron, Sunbear and Castlemusic. Very entertaining. Great venue.
Well, there you have it, my first update on my 2011 goals. Goal number 6: to keep updated my progress.