20 Below: Cupcake WrappersPosted: October 4, 2011
This weekend at Michael’s, I picked up these sweet polka dot cupcake wrappers. Almost too pretty to use, don’t you think?
cupcake wrappers, $3.49, Michael’s
I know I should have used them for cupcakes but instead I opted to make banana muffins (recipe adapted from here):
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Add muffin liners to muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, flax seed, baking soda & salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together the bananas and oil. Add the brown sugar & egg and beat until completely combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring muffins onto a cooling rack.
Photo by Jordana.